Sunday 16 August 2015

“Failing to plan is planning to fail”, Alan Lakein



I like plans, tables, graphs and statistics and, as I said I am a goal-oriented person. Setting goals keeps me motivated. I just can’t function without them.


My GOAL

My project named “Triathlete Wannabe” started on Wednesday 12th August 2015 will end on September 2016 with an Ironman 70.3race in Pula, Croatia. The goal is to complete the race in one piece. The mantra in the following year will be: “September 2016 Pula”. Until then, I will set some minor goals (races) in order not to lose motivation and not to be too stressed when the great day arrives. For now, I have booked the following dates in my calendar:

-29/08/2015 Padriciano (ITA) 6,7K;

-26/09/2015 Jesolo (ITA) Sprint Triathlon;

-25/10/2015 Ljubljana (SLO) Half-Marathon.


Training plans

My very first idea was to be my own coach, so I downloaded some free programs from this awesome website, beginnertriathlete. Then I thought that maybe I could partially delegate the responsibility of my project to a professional, so I contacted Dejan Patrcevic, Croatian PRO triathlete placed 24th in Ironman World Championship 2008. I think we will get along just fine.


The previous six months

Since Dejan asked me about my trainings in the previous six months, I decided to make  stats and here are the results:

-Gym: I was going periodically to the gym, 0-4 times a week until April 2015. Then I made a pause and got back to gym in July 2015;

-Swimming: I was really bad at it, but that’s nothing new. In the winter period from September 2014 to May 2015 I went 7-10 times to swim for an hour, an hour and half;

-Cycling: It was Wednesday 29th July 2015 that I bought my first great lovely beautiful new bike that I named Pedro and since then I rode 300,27Km in 6 trainings, with the average speed of 22,7Km/h;

-Running: on July I didn’t run. During the period from March 2015 to August 2015 I did 30 trainings and ran 292,58Km with average pace 5:32. My average was 6 trainings of running per month! It so lame :(

To sum up, I am a beginner. If there’s anyone else who is, more or less, at the same fitness level and wants to join me on my way to becoming a half iron woman, feel free to do it and, please, share your experience and results with me!


Me, now (sorry for the SWOT)

I am 27 years old and I work full-time. I am not married, I don’t have kids. Pets neither. I am 170cm tall and weight (more or less) 60kg.

Strengths
I have a gritty determination to succeed.
I have a  professional triathlete by my side who will help me reach my goal.
I have plenty of time to dedicate to my project.
I have one whole year ahead to prepare myself for the race.

Weaknesses
I have never been continuous in my trainings.
My right feet is hurting me (I have to see a doctor).
I am chronically suffering from anaemia.
I have a gluten intolerance and there is some food that I simply cannot digest.

Opportunities
I live in Trieste: I can run outside and ride my great lovely beautiful new bike almost during the whole year. I can swim in the sea until September, and then I can choose one of two (or three?) swimming pools.
Dejan will help me on my way.
I have everything I need, from time to equipment.

Threats:
My stupid right foot. Can I change it? :(


My equipment

I adore my running shoes, Asics Kayano 21 and I am in love with Pedro, my Trek Domane 4,3. My favorite gadgets are Garmin Forreruner 405 for running and Garmin Edge 810 for cycling. I have also a Garmin Vivosmart bracelet that I like and I am putting now on my wishlist Garmin Fenix 3. While running I listen to music on my Blueberry Redcat mp4 player (I guess you have never heard about it, but I assure you it is great!). I will put on my wishlist Sony waterproof walkman. Ops, I realize just now that I have to buy a TRI Suit. But I will think about that later.


I will keep you updated.

September 2016 Pula...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, feel free to leave a comment! I am curious to know what do you think! Thank you!