Wednesday 12 August 2015

About me


Who I am

My name is Sonja Savic, I am Serbian living in Italy (Pozarevljanka living in Trieste, to be more precise), 27 years old and I like challanges. I would describe myself as an ambitious, organized and goal-oriented person.


Why triathlon?

I have been working, studying and doing sports (at the amateur level) for years. Whereas recently I have finished my post-graduate studies, all of a sudden I have plenty of spare time I haven't been used to have. Therefore, I decided to try my hand at triathlon.


Previous experience

...with triathlon

It's not that it's the first time I heard about this sport. On the contrary, I trained with Triathlon Club Pozarevac in Serbia and finished one cross triathlon race in Kragujevac (Serbia) on Saturday, 02 June 2012. Apparently, I was the last arrived. I was bad at swimming (15:21) because I started last, behind the others, in order to avoid being hit by someone. I was bad at cycling because I wasn't practicing cycling, I didn't have my own bike and the one I borrowed for the race was bad. Moreover, I didn't know how to change gears and the track started with a hill. It was a really awful experience. I wanted to quit! The running went bad because I was out of energy. In my opinion my lack of energy was due not only to my scarce preparation, but also to the fact that I had never done two or more diffrent sport activities at once.

..with swimming

I would describe my technique as poor. My father taught me how to swim when I was little and then Mateja Markovic (the coach of TK Pozarevac) gave me some advice, but that's it. I swim occasionally. Very occasionally, like a few times during the year. I like swimming, though.

..with running

I have been running for some years now. My PBs are: 5K 24:31 (25/09/2015); 10K 54:06 (04/11/2014) and 21K 1h58 (19/05/2015). I participated in a few races during my lifetime.

..with cycling

I have never had my bike (well, I did, when I was 7, maybe, but that doesn't count). A very few times I went cycling with Mateja Markovic (TKP), borrowing a bike from him every time. Once (17/08/2015) we went by bike from Pozarevac to Kladovo (160-170km). I was on a city-bike. With no cycling shorts (nor shoes, obviously). I remember it as a very painful experience.


Starting from.... today!

There's one thing I have always hated: starting from tomorrow, or, even worse, monday. As for me, today is always the best day to start! This evening I will go to the gym and I will consider this training as a start of my new way of living.


Why blog, why going social?

I have always wanted to share something from my life with others, to tell a story, to discuss, to advice and be adviced, but, first of all, I didn't have time to write and second of all, I didn't feel like I had something special to write about continuously. I just wanted to share a thought from time to time. I don't know how it is going to be, how often I will write and what I will write about, but I am sure it won't be all about triathlon. I would really appreciate if you could leave your comments, share your opinion and/or give me some advice, so that I could know that you read me. I will try to keep this blog for my personal motivation, hoping that some of you will join me on my trip and make dialogue from my monologues.



2 comments:

  1. Hi Sonja,
    count me in!

    About your first triathlon experience, I am impressed that you, despite all the bad circumstances, not only started it at all - I don't think I would do such a crazy thing - but finished it. I believe that this is an remarkable achievement!

    Looking forward to read more :D

    Hugs from Germany, Till

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Till,

      Thank you for your comment and your support! Hope to see you soon!

      Hugs from Trieste,
      Sonja

      Delete

Please, feel free to leave a comment! I am curious to know what do you think! Thank you!