Tuesday 18 August 2015

Asics



When I say running shoes I mean Asics. During my “running life” I have tried a few brands. Asics are not the prettiest one that’s for sure, but they are definitely the best (at least for me!).  I fell in love with my first pair of Asics so hard that I decided not to change them. I ran my first half marathon with Asics Gel Galaxy 5 and that makes them my favorite so far.

 
Galaxy 5

I bought my first Asics in Belgrade. They were 38,5. I took the second and the third pair (Galaxy 5) without even trying them-I just entered the store, chose a model, asked for my number and paid for them. And everything went just fine.


Kayano 21

I ran with my Galaxy 5 until they fell apart. This winter I had to change them. Since I could afford a more expensive model (I paid my Galaxy just 35 euros), I opted for Kayano 21 (140 euros). When I tried them in the store (I moved to Trieste in the meanwhile) they seemed to small, so, instead of 38.5 I took 39. I read some reviews online that confirmed what I thought. They were really smaller. Kayano 21 are great, I really like double amortization, it’s like you were running on pillows, or something. The problem is that they are too rigid. Or too small?! Maybe it’s great that they haven’t changed during 350K. My right foot started hurting me the last week of June and I am pretty sure that the pain is caused by the shoes. Sincerely, I didn’t want to change them yet, but today I thought that maybe I should.


Oberon 9

Today I bought my new pair of shoes (outlet price is 60 euros), Gel Oberon 9. They are not as cool as Kayano21, but I wanted to take half size bigger shoes. Oberon 9 is something in between Galaxy 5 and Kayano 21. I hope they will suit me and that I will run miles and miles before I change them. And I hope I am not too spoiled by Kayano’s double amortization and rigid form, so that I could be satisfied with this inferior level… Time will tell.


My doubts


When I came home I checked the numbers and centimeters. I found out that my Galaxy 5 num. 38.5 are 25cm, Kayano 21 num. 39 are 24,5cm and Oberon 9 num. 39,5 are 25cm. Why couldn’t I see that before buying my Kayano??? But, sincerely, do you see any difference? They seem all same size to me O.o 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, feel free to leave a comment! I am curious to know what do you think! Thank you!